Sunlight brightens our outlook and contributes to overall well-being
Too much sunlight, however, causes overheating and glare. How can we “let in” the optimal amount of light all year round yet avoid unwanted heat?
The Controlite intelligent daylighting system with rotating louvers (RotaBlades™) meets this challenge
- Optimises daylight for increased comfort.
- Managed light transmission and reduced solar heat gain.
- Energy-savings and reduced CO2 emissions.
- Sustainable design for energy-efficient building.
CONTROLITE panels are durable, one-piece, twin-wall polycarbonate with integrated louvers called RotaBlades™. Panel size: 980 mm (w) x 30 mm (h) x up to 12000 mm. RotaBlades have a flat opaque face and translucent half-cylinder body. They optimize light transmission when open or closed.
CONTROLITE louvres continuously adjust their position to achieve the perfect balance of light – and comfort – as set by the user. An external sensor detects the direction of the sun; internal sensors register the level of light inside the building. The intelligent system then balances light levels, solar heat, and shade to transmit uniformly diffused light and create a comfortable indoor environment. The user’s control panel and controllers (wall mount or remote control) are used to set the angle of the RotaBlades or desired light levels.
“Using as much natural light in buildings as possible has many advantages over using artificial lights”
Daylight Savings: Building With Natural Light (Science Daily)
Managing light transmission and solar heat is critical to effective design and efficient energy use. Traditional skylights and daylighting systems often deliver too much sunlight on sunny, hot days and fail to take advantage of the natural light on cloudy, cold days.
Controlite introduces the intelligent daylighting system that brings the optimal amount of daylight indoors. The system is formed from light-transmitting polycarbonate panels with translucent, rotating louvers (“RotaBlades”). The RotaBlades “sense” the daylight outside and adjust their position throughout the day to transmit the exact amount of daylight through the panel.
CONTROLITE offers increased comfort through “optimized” daylight. RotaBlades adapt to changing conditions” especially “harvesting” daylight early and late in the day” for effective control of light, shading, and solar heat gain to block heat in summer and maximize daylight in winter.
CONTROLITE significantly reduces energy use from air-conditioning, heating, and artificial lighting.
CONTROLITE integrates into energy-efficient building design and allow designers to earn credit points with green building rating systems.
Why Controlite? Our Top 10 Reasons
1. Delivers optimal comfort in changing daylight conditions by maximizing available daylight in winterand reflecting solar heat in summer.
2. Enables daylighting solutions with significantly larger surface area, thereby increasing overall daylight in the building.
3. Improves well-being of building tenants, visitors, and users for increased productivity and an improved indoor environment.
4. Creates ideal natural lighting in classrooms and significantly improves the learning environment.
5. Prevents glare with uniformly diffused light: stadiums are perfectly lit for TV broadcasts, athletes are not affected by looking into direct sunlight.
6. Withstands weather and temperature extremes due to durable materials and construction.
7. Permits multiple uses of covered spaces by adapting indoor light level.
8. Saves energy and reduces heating/cooling costs, reduces electricity usage and costs.
9. Reduces capital investment in air-conditioning equipment.
10. Integrates into sustainable design, reduces energy consumption and consequent greenhouse gas emissions, and significantly contributes to reducing the buildings overall carbon footprint.